a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch
(03-26-2013, 08:47 AM)dallen Wrote: Tony, thanks for the compliment. I used to always say I wish I could work on a watch guess I can't say that any more. The funny thing is that unless your trying to make parts for one there not that hard to take apart and put back together. I do find it enjoyable to mess with them. what sucks is when you loose a part and can't find it or find it three days after receiving the replacement had that happen with a shaft.

I checked out the site you linked to, I do believe that a lot of their watches are out of my league.

as an up date the watch that I started this thread about even with a rusted pinion in it is still running this morning. wish I could say that for some of the crap that they make now days.

David

Well, they're way out of my league too, I can only dream and drool over those beauties. I hope maybe someday to buy one and carry it. Once in a while I browse through their selection because they do change as they buy and sell them. The craftsmanship is outstanding, especially considering the only other people to see most of the decoration are subsequent repairmen.

A friend of mine heard I was interested in pocket watches and had found one while scrap hunting. It was a new cheapie little promo inscribed with some polo club insignia. I doesn't keep time worth a flip, so maybe I'll open it up and see if it's even worth messing with. I doubt it. The old Pocket ben still has luminous markings, so it is radioactive a bit, even though it's pretty dim.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Tony Wells - 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM