a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch
most of these were taken with a cannon EF-5-60 mm macro lens, but the last one in post 15 I think I also placed and old 4x magnifier I had from the old film days in from of it.

I worked on this #$%^ watch all night, found tonight that I don't have any parts that will work to get it running, its not only got a bad wheel. The Jewel bearing on the back side that it runs in is cracked. SO I took the hair spring and Balance Wheel and put it into a different movement that I had and so far its running pretty smooth.

John I believe said that he only works on 4 MM and larger fasteners. heres a shot of a steel scale laying beside one of the retaining screws for a Jewel, not all jewels are secured with screws some are swaged in.

Plus I also dropped this little thing and it ended up in the rug which is about the same color as the part.

dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by dallen - 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM