a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch
I try to take decent photographs, not all of the photos are taken with the Macro lens some I use a 28 - 200 mm lens that I take most of the pictures I post with, but some photos you just have to get a little closer. I bought the Macro Lens when I was working because of that very reason of needing to take close up pictures of cracks in weld's on equipment that I was working on to as they say Cover My A#$, and its true a picture is worth a million dollars in the right circumstance's.

Here's a shot of the watch that I have been working on with the movement that I put it it last night so far it seems to be keeping time, most of these old pocket watches all would either run fast or slow because most people couldn't afford a watch that had been adjusted to all positions, and ships Chronometer's were only adjusted for one position and that was laying flat on its back and what ever it was off was always factored in by the navigator.

dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: EdK

Messages In This Thread
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by dallen - 03-28-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: a stroll thru a 125 year old pocket watch - by Bill Gruby - 03-29-2013, 08:09 PM