adjusting feed nut on mill drill??
(03-26-2013, 08:06 PM)monkers Wrote: I am working on my mill/drill again, here and there. Its a Jet JMD 18, and I was curious if anyone has ever drilled the front of the base below the bearing support for the Y feed screw to allow adjusting the feed nut back lash? I was thinking of drilling a 1/2" hole just below the bearing support, and then making a long "allen wrench" (think its 4mm) out of a piece of 5/16" rod drilling the end and pressing in a piece of 4mm hex, then tack welding it, and welding a nut to the opposite end.
Does anyone have any ideas about this? I understand it wont need adjustment often, but want to make it as easy as possible. Thanks guys

I just ordered a Grizzly G1007 and reading the manual on the setup it says to leave a hole in the base for adjusting the "Y" axis backlash. They must be made in the same factory. I did not find a picture of this adjustment nor did it say where under the mill it was located so I am just going to wait until it arrives and try to figure out where to put the hole. I would like for it to be as small as possible.
Ben Franklin;
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Thanks given by: