Making New Gear Change Handles
Lookin good so far Ed. You're not on the clock, take your time.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: EdK
Looking very nice Ed,Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Might as well make jewelry out of them! Run around them with a corner rounding cutter, blend with a 3M Scotchbrite or Norton Beartex wheel.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 08:38 PM)PixMan Wrote: Might as well make jewelry out of them! Run around them with a corner rounding cutter, blend with a 3M Scotchbrite or Norton Beartex wheel.

I plan on rounding them over and milling an angle on them with a ball end mill. Overkill but what the hell. I'm trying to make them similar in shape to the original handles.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Looking good Ed.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Nice work Ed
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Hi Ed,
I have never seen this thread, great work and they will last a life time. Look froward to seeing them finished.
I may have missed it but are you doing anything on the front, like a thinning out a place for your fingers?

Dave
(04-09-2013, 08:42 AM)Dave J Wrote: Hi Ed,
I have never seen this thread, great work and they will last a life time. Look froward to seeing them finished.
I may have missed it but are you doing anything on the front, like a thinning out a place for your fingers?

Dave

Dave,

Yes, I'll be using the ball end mill to sculpt out some of the metal. That is if I can figure out a good way to hold the blanks to mill them now that they are angled and no longer a rectangle. 17428

Ed
Thanks given by:
Bench vise and a half-round file perhaps Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 10:40 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Bench vise and a half-round file perhaps Big Grin

Who to you think I am, Bob? Happyno

Ed
Thanks given by: