Making quick change tool post holders (picture heavy)
(04-08-2013, 06:29 AM)stevec Wrote: Interesting! Dave, what are the upper cams on the toolholder clamping studs for and do they bear on the round spacer with the 2 flats?
(I'm assuming the spacer with the 2 flats is isn't threaded down the main clamping post).
I think that making the dovetail toolholders would be easier than the ones you made, I'll let you know when I get a round toit Rotfl

Hi Steve
The cams are round top and bottom and the center is the cam which pushes and pulls on the plunger.

There is one cam at the very top and the other is a true round, this is so as you turn it to lock/unlock it moves away allowing the adjuster to be slide in and out vertically.
The adjuster base goes between these 2 but is not tight, the gravity makes the adjuster rest on the bottom one.

The spacer with the 2 flats is just that a spacer to get the tool post nut above the cams and to clear them with the 2 flats. It is free to rotate a little and is a factory one that came with it.

Dave
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making quick change tool post holders (picture heavy) - by Dave J - 04-08-2013, 07:31 AM