not a nuther D.T.I refit
hi all well i have bin at it a gane i got two d.t.i gages at the boot sale one is brand new but the lens had a crack in it the other one was OK just needed a clean and a new tip sum pics. right top tip of the week at work i sported the welder replacing the lens on his welding mask them new ones that go dark when you strike your ark the replacement lenses are cheep so he says but i got sum off him for nothing and ges Watt its Idelle for making new d.t.i lenses out of and replacement lens for your dige vernier

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
You got a Mitutoyo DTI at a boot sale? That deserves a You Suck

Nice find!

Ed
Thanks given by:
You must be able to do these with your eyes shut now Bob lol, another good fix and more items saved from being put in the bin Big Grin
Graemlin

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
the mitutoyo needs a back macing for it as it came in a holding frame thats the black thing you can see in the last pic so ther is no Mont on the back to a tach it to a stand
Thanks given by:
That black frame is typical of what is seen when an indicator is used on a dial bore gage to protect it from banging around on the work bench. If that indicator came from a bore gage as I suspect, it would have only a plain, flat back with no lug or anything.
Thanks given by:
You must have a plethora of indicators now Bob!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2013, 10:56 PM)Tony Wells Wrote: That black frame is typical of what is seen when an indicator is used on a dial bore gage to protect it from banging around on the work bench. If that indicator came from a bore gage as I suspect, it would have only a plain, flat back with no lug or anything.

Good eye Tony. I think you're right.

Ed
Thanks given by:
yep fat back i don't have that meney as i give sum of them a way
Thanks given by:
If I have a flat back, and I think I do, would you like me to send it your way? I don't know what the post would cost, or whether you want it as a flat back, or would rather hunt down a lug back for it, but give it some thought. I wouldn't mind sending it if you want it.
Thanks given by:
hi tony i don't need a back as it all ready has a flat back on it and I'm in the process of making a back with a lug on i will do a post on it thank you so much for the offer most a parachuted
Thanks given by: