An Engine by 3 Amigo's
thanks all last bit was to cut two slots in the brass tube at the top for filing it up then made a plastic plug to go in just below the slots you will see in the pic the next bit you will need a old car bulb ? you will see that in the pic to this is to mack the caps i made the filer 5.8 OD with 4.8 inside with a m3 thread this will screw on the top then made the cap by using the brass base of the bulb to press the cap from removed the working bit of the bulb then removed the bottom on me sander then split the base cut off the bend from the top then got it hot then straited it out cleaned the brass up got it hot a gane then with a dowel with a 5.5 mm DI and a bush with a internal of 6 mm i put the brass over the hole then give it a smack with me hammer lol you don't need to hit it hard once the shape was made SOS no pic of this bit but i stuck the cap on the bottom of a old AAA battery to file the wast a way to Lev the cap then i soldered a spring in to the cap that then screws on to the top of the tube ha presto one oil filer cap the pics will explain more

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Bob,, you cut up a perfectly good bulb!!?

Ok, nice work anyway, keep us posted on the remainder please.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
What a bright idea Bob!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(05-25-2013, 08:03 PM)Mayhem Wrote: What a bright idea Bob!

Rotfl
Thanks given by:
thanks all as for the bulb it was a blown one See the pic you can see corrosion on the inside of the bulb
Thanks given by:
thanks all as for the bulb it was a blown one See the pic you can see corrosion on the inside of the bulb dun nothing today had a day out but i got a new tin of lacquer for the shiny bits a large tin from boys for £2.50
Thanks given by:
Well that was quite illuminating Bob Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
hi all i started with the concentric tonight put to blocs together then put them in me 4 jaw chuck and mad them 26mm in height the length of the blocks is 63mm once dawn to 26mm i then tined both edges and soldered the two together it did not mater if they where not level with etch other as the block's are 12.5mm thick and they need to be 9.5 thick once this was dun i then chucked up a block of aluminum in me 4 jaw then faced it off then i glued the block to that and fast it off when that was dun i heated the block up to un glue it i then put the aluminum block back in the lathe and faced it off a gane then drilled 5.7 then reamed it to 6mm to fit a 6 mm dowel then the bronze block had cooled dawn and i marked out the center the next thing to do is drill and ream the block but that will be tomorrow right pics

Thanks given by:
right did a bit more sos no pics of the first bit i drilled 5.7 and reamed m6 the block that wood become the bearing then stuck it on to the block still mounted in the chuck put a 13mm drill in then a 18mm drill in then started to bore it out right pics

Thanks given by:
Nice work Bob Graemlin look like you have the silver soldering off to a tee there, things are really taking shape now Bob. I am enjoying the build Smile

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by: