An Engine by 3 Amigo's
hi before i go further i think i need to clean me bench right bored out the hole then skimmed the face off right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Nice work but I can still see lots of bench top, no where close to clean up time.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
hi SOS in the length of time as bi waiting for castings i went over John's IE doubleboost and him and rob was preparing to do sum casting for parts for the engine then mick turned up and we had a good time even more so when it was pointed out that John had started to develop man boobs so he got sum stick any way i came home with sum castings as not all of them turned out not enuf bronze in the pot any way i turned up the two end caps tonight and got sum pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Very nice Bob
They look like nice solid castings
I like to leave as much of the "cast finish" showing as possible
We are going to re cast the valve chest covers in "petro bond" sand this week end
John
Thanks given by:
brill jhon will have to start and sort things out ? is it posibel to cast valve bodeys will av a go at making patens
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2013, 05:46 PM)krv3000 Wrote: hi before i go further i think i need to clean me bench right bored out the hole then skimmed the face off right pics

looks normal for my shop , found a family of four living under my bench once !Rotfl
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
It is possible
Be easier to use my mill & just machine them
(do you mean slide valves)
Thanks given by:
Starting to take shape Bob, looks good bronze cast too. You will be in the shed till early hours every night now Smile

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
no jhon the drane valves that go top and botom of the cilinders and the one on the top cuver for oiling the cilinder
Thanks given by:
You make the patterns Mate
I will cast them
Thanks given by: