Soldering jig
I am in the process of making a cover for one of my other clocks. It don't like dust.
So any excuse to by tools I got myself a miter jig.

Only problem it don't do 3 sides so a few mods later.

And this is the result

Only 7 more to do.

Brian.
Brian, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
http://briansworkshop.weebly.com Welcome
Thanks given by:
Nice, clever modification to the vise Brian. That will come in real handy. Happyyes

Ed
Thanks given by:
Brian, neat "third member " device. Is that sliver soldering you're doing? What vintage is your camera? I have an old (I'm talking digital age old) Olympus D-550 Zoom.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-16-2013, 11:37 AM)stevec Wrote: Brian, neat "third member " device. Is that sliver soldering you're doing? What vintage is your camera? I have an old (I'm talking digital age old) Olympus D-550 Zoom.

I think he's silver soldering. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
Hi Steve & Ed yes its silver solder It has to be strong to take the glass. Also this cover has to be removed to wind the clock I.E. once a week.
So it will simply unhook.
The camera is a Olympus C350 Zoom

Regards Brian.Drinks
Thanks given by: stevec
Very nice Brian. Very innovative.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by:
Nice job Brian.

Hope you don't burn all the paint off that pretty new fixture.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
When adding the second frame I had to invert and support the Jig to stop it distorting the frame

Ready for polishing.

And tom it did not burn the paint. Just blued/ blackend my mods.

Brian.
Thanks given by:
On the subject of the jigs we love, I picked this device up at a friend's estate sale (his Dad's estate).

First time I used it and I'll definitely be using it again. I put it around the 4 pieces and tightened it up, checked with a square and all 4 corners were 90°. Pretty slick.
I'll be using it for picture frames and any construction of squares or rectangles.
I won't mention any of the other stuff I picked up for fear of a You Suck.
Cool
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-19-2013, 02:54 PM)stevec Wrote: On the subject of the jigs we love, I picked this device up at a friend's estate sale (his Dad's estate).

First time I used it and I'll definitely be using it again. I put it around the 4 pieces and tightened it up, checked with a square and all 4 corners were 90°. Pretty slick.
I'll be using it for picture frames and any construction of squares or rectangles.
I won't mention any of the other stuff I picked up for fear of a You Suck.
Cool

Steve,

I have one of those and I'm wondering if it would be useful for welding? Chin
I got it for woodworking years ago.

Ed
Thanks given by: