fingerpost signs
    top of the post!!
This is 1/2 of the pattern in the sand for a 2/1 scale replica fingerpost sign I am making for the garden, still making additional patterns to finish off.This is the finial [north riding yorkshire county council]
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:

This is the pattern fully in the sand with core print ready to be rammed up.
pattern base turned from pine,circle from m.d.f. letters & rims cut out on scroll saw with 12* draught glued together with ''white wood glue'' [pva]
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:

This is the casting just shaken from the moulding box with sprue still attatched ready to be fettled/cleaned up,this goes on to the top of the post,scale2/1.
ps take no notice of the camera dates,it was only cast 2 weeks ago!!
Thanks given by:
I may be the first one to admit to it but I'll bet a sixer I'm not alone. I had no clue what a finger sign was. I googled it, nice work.

"Billy G"
Thanks given by: the artfull-codger
(05-17-2013, 07:19 AM)Bill Gruby Wrote: I may be the first one to admit to it but I'll bet a sixer I'm not alone. I had no clue what a finger sign was. I googled it, nice work.

"Billy G"

Billy, they were all over the counties once,roadsigns , I just happen to live in north yorkshire so that's why it's a yorkshire sign,when it's finished I'll post pics & it'll be clearer what it's for, it's a scale replica with a ''twist'' he he
Graham.
Thanks given by:
I must admit the first thing that came to my mind when I read "finger post sign" was an obscene gesture made with the 2nd finger of one's hand. I was relieved to see the pics.
Thanks for posting Graham.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: the artfull-codger
(05-17-2013, 01:13 PM)stevec Wrote: I must admit the first thing that came to my mind when I read "finger post sign" was an obscene gesture made with the 2nd finger of one's hand. I was relieved to see the pics.
Thanks for posting Graham.

He He yes I suppose it does sound a little bit smutty Stevec, there were 1000s of them around the villages when I was younger but now sadly replaced with modern sheet alloy ones so I thought I would make a 1/2 size replica one for the garden with a little ''querk'' to it,[all will be obvious when it's finished] I'm still making the patterns for the actuall fingerposts, & will post when finished I hope it'll look cute.
Graham.
Thanks given by:
the twist is that it'll disappear one night from his garden, and mysteriously reappear in mine..... ;)
Thanks given by:
(05-18-2013, 02:58 PM)beermaker Wrote: the twist is that it'll disappear one night from his garden, and mysteriously reappear in mine..... ;)

Ha Ha really?? it'll soon be back in ours!!!!
Graham.
Thanks given by: