brass claw foot

.jpg   alter cross.JPG (Size: 28.17 KB / Downloads: 52) Having a ''good sort out'' of the shed this weekend & came across a brass casting I did quite a few years ago for our village church,it's a claw foot for a large alter cross, someone had dropped it & not owned up as it was missing!!!tsk tsk. I cast 2 at the time using one of the other feet off the cross as a pattern [ hence the spare one in the shed].it was then drilled for 2 whitworth bolts,I cast it in greensand in a homemade brass founders flask [ie rammed up horizontally as per normal] but the sprue is horizontal as well & the flask is bolted together with ply cheeks top & bottom then it's turned 90 sideways with the sprue to the top & then poured [was a double sucess!!] If they break another one I'm ready for em!!!
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Very nice
You will be certain of a place "upstairs" for thatRotflRotflRotflRotfl
John
Thanks given by: the artfull-codger
(05-27-2013, 03:22 PM)doubleboost Wrote: Very nice
You will be certain of a place "upstairs" for thatRotflRotflRotflRotfl
John

ha ha ha !! Rotfl It'll take more than that for a place ''upstairs'' for me John!!
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
(05-27-2013, 03:41 PM)the artfull-codger Wrote: ha ha ha !! Rotfl It'll take more than that for a place ''upstairs'' for me John!!
Good, we'd miss you down where the rest of us are destined.
Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
well dun
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.