Drawbar Wrench/Hammer
Three faces are better than one. Smile

Ed

Thanks given by:
Looking good Ed
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: EdK
That copper is nasty stuff to machine. It's especially nasty to tap.

Ed
Thanks given by:
But it's so pretty. It'll be a shame to beat on stuff with it. Pcwhack
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2013, 08:35 PM)TomG Wrote: But it's so pretty. It'll be a shame to beat on stuff with it. Pcwhack

I tried using some Alumatap when facing the last end and it worked great. Gave a nice smooth finish. That's the end that will take the beating but I wanted it to look pretty for the picture.

Ed

Thanks given by:
I've heard that MILK is a good cutting fluid for copper. I've never tried it though, sorta worried about rancid milk in the chip pan.

BTW, lovely work on the different hammer faces ED, please post some pics of them after a few whacks at the drawbar. Rotfl
Blush
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Should have used WHITE Acetal instead of black Ed. It's going to be tough to loosen up that drawbar with that black plastic "socket" someday, after a few of your home brewed refreshments. Rotfl

Beautiful job though as usual. Thumbsup
Willie
Looks great
Be a shame to hammer with it SlapheadSlapheadSlaphead
John
Very, very nice Ed,Smiley-signs107 Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Got some more done on the hammer. I made a stop out of some scrap aluminum to help keep the head from turning and clamped it to the vise jaw.
Next is to make the handle. The handle will be a press fit into the head then I'll drill and tap through the head and handle and install a long set screw to hold them together and to use as a screw to hold the face to the head.

Ed

Thanks given by: