finished fingerpost sign
    YESSSSSS Finished at last & erected in the front garden!!,& the ''twist??'' well it's 2 miles to the right to yarm & 2 1/2 miles to the left to worsall & ''rosecroft'' is the name of our cottage & 22 is the number of the road!!! well[Dave] I told you it wasn't that exciting,it's 1/2 full size of an original sign. scaled of the ''net'' with dividing compasses after measuring an original finial.
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Very nice Graham
That looks to be a canny billet you have there
John
Thanks given by: the artfull-codger
Definitely a canny billet. 17428

Ed
Nice job Graham. Which parts are cast?

And what's with the miles? I thought you guys were into the whole metric thing.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Well I think that is rather splendid. Very nice Thumbsup Smiley-signs107 Worthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
(06-11-2013, 05:44 PM)TomG Wrote: Nice job Graham. Which parts are cast?

And what's with the miles? I thought you guys were into the whole metric thing.

Tom

Hi Tom, the circular top is a single casting with a sand core,the ''yarm'' is a casting with a sand core,''worsall is a casting with a sand core & finally ''rosecroft's a casting with a sand core,after cleaning the cavities out they are slid onto a steel pole & fixed with 2ba allen screws,the pole has a sleeve at the bottom & it's fixed to a pole the same size set into 2 feet of concrete with a 1/2" cross pin so it won't twist round & drilled & tapped for m6 stainless hex bolts.
ps all our road signs are in miles over here [& bloody well right too!!] none of this eec stuff for us.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2013, 04:42 PM)doubleboost Wrote: Very nice Graham
That looks to be a canny billet you have there
John

Hi John it's over 300 years old,we bought it of the wifes grandad,he was a farmer,we got married from there 43 years ago,& he bought it in the 1930s, we moved out for a short while but lived there ever since.
5 generations of her family lived in it,her grandad,her dad herself[&me] our children & our grandchild.
Graham.

I want to go out in a box from there none of this ''no care home business!!''
Thanks given by: