Shop press tire bead breaker attachment
My Yazoo mower had a flat and i wanted to dismount the tire to add an innertube but i couldn't break the bead. So i dreamed up this little attachment for my shop press. It just slips on my 1" straight bar tooling. Worked great...Bob

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Some of those tires can be a beast to get off and back on the rim also.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by: aametalmaster
Bob, not to be a smarta$$ here but isn't that wheel a 2 piece job that separates with the removal of the 5 nuts'n'bolts around the hub?
Admittedly, now that your nifty bead breaker is done, your next tire change will prolly be faster than unbolting. Blush
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Nicely done, good when a plan comes together Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Even if you unbolt the wheel halves, you still have to deal with separating the bead from the rim(s), no? 17428
Willie
Its actually a welded one piece rim. The bolts are for the hub i just pulled the axle bolt...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Sorry Bob, I shoulda known you had that covered.
Willie, any of the two piece wheels I've disassembled have released the bead with a thump or two of a hammer.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve, I've only dealt with one piece wheels so I had to ask. It's good to know that about two piece wheels though if I ever run across one. No pun intended as that is how I usually break beads at home. Lay the wheel/tire down next to the car and drive over it. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Willie, sounds like a plan. how's the driving with only three wheels on your car? 17428 Rotfl
Thanks given by:
It's a little wobbly in high speed turns, but other than that it's not bad.

[Image: robin-reliant_1014832i.jpg]

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by: