My new toy
I fear I'm missing some neat stuff but, alas, I can't download from any of the links. Must be my miserable low speed connection.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve, I dunno about neat...but here's a couple of the stack:
[Image: IMG_5890_zps9fb8f2e7.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5900_zps13d76f39.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5912_zpsaec514be.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5926_zps2bda851f.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5937_zps9dbbb507.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5963_zpsc3d16583.jpg]
Thanks given by: stevec
Great pics Tony, do you still have to sort out your shop, or is the lathe in it's 'right place'
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
I still have stuff to move. I have a largish bandsaw to re-home, and with it's infeed and outfeed tables it's in the spot I want to put the lathe in. After moving the saw out, I have shelving units to relocate to clear the wall behind the lathe space. But right now, the shop is an infirmary and nursery for a young cat with a litter that won't be ready to go for a few days yet. I don't want to scare her to death. She's feral and if she were to make a dash for freedom, it would spoil my population control efforts. I'd never get her in the livetrap if she escaped the shop. She goes for spaying as soon as her milk dries up. So I want to kind of keep things quiet in the shop, and not raise the overhead just yet. Plus right now I got my hands full finishing up a hospital construction project. It's a sideline for me, but the pressure is on because of a state inspection coming up before the general contractor turns it over to the owners. Crazy times right now, so not a lot of time for shop work, which is a problem of its own, because I have jobs to run there too. I hate this semi-retirement....too much work
Thanks given by:
Tony,
Always good to look after our 'four legged friends'. Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Hi Tony
That's some machine you got there; what are you setting up, an industrial machine shop for a 'hobby'. you'll get some chips off that baby.
Regards
George
George

mechman48, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jul 2013.
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 02:17 AM)Tony Wells Wrote: Well, after a bit of waiting, I brought home my latest baby. Here she is still on the trailer. Needs a bath, which I'll do most of outside, before bringing her into the shop. I have to either seriously rearrange the place, or get rid of some stuff. Can't really add on right now. What to you guys think?

[Image: IMG_5964_zps7cf0b910.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5965_zps476b3c73.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5966_zps1597bca5.jpg]

It's a 1994 model, has a Sony DRO, 10 HP and a 3 1/4" spindle hole. No steady, so I'll be making one. No taper attachment either, but I've contacted Mighty USA to see what's available. I hope to get it in next week. I have too many of some things, and a couple of projects taking up space that need to go.

that's a nice lathe , I am jealous , but then again I am out of room myself , so Congratulations , can't wait to see it running .......Smiley-eatdrink004
kenne, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2014.
Thanks given by:
Nice big honkin' lathe. Ya done good.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately it appears that Tony has abandoned us since he hasn't visited the forum since the middle of April. Sad

Ed
Thanks given by: