16" backgeared Cinci
(02-25-2014, 09:15 AM)Scruffy Wrote: Fallen
If u would like some pics of the feed mech. Let me know. I have the exact shaper serial number 2087

Thanks scruffy

That's very generous of you scruffy. Thumbsup

Oh, and Welcome to the forum.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Glad to be a new member. I'me starting to get a fair collection of mature machinery.2 820 Logan lathes both with ac gearboxes, 9-j gorton vertical knee mill. 4000 ibs. 16 in cin back geared shaper, a small power hacksaw, a large power hacksaw, 2 Rockwell drill presses,plus the usual assortment of more moder stuff, welders torches ect
I'll look tomorrow and see who made the large power hacksaw cause I can't find any info on it or much on the old shaper
Thanks. Scruffy
Scruffy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2014.
Thanks given by:
(02-26-2014, 11:21 PM)Scruffy Wrote: Glad to be a new member. I'me starting to get a fair collection of mature machinery.2 820 Logan lathes both with ac gearboxes, 9-j gorton vertical knee mill. 4000 ibs. 16 in cin back geared shaper, a small power hacksaw, a large power hacksaw, 2 Rockwell drill presses,plus the usual assortment of more moder stuff, welders torches ect
I'll look tomorrow and see who made the large power hacksaw cause I can't find any info on it or much on the old shaper
Thanks. Scruffy

Scruffy,

We need to see pictures of your tool collection. Drool

Ed
Thanks given by:
Just went out to my play room to see who made my. 2 saws. The large one was made by peerless and the small one by excell.
While out their I noticed I also have a illonis tool works power die filler.just finishing up a redo of a Rockwell bench top drill press. Complete tear down paint strip bearing check, rewire, came out really nice.don't be fooled by (( benchtop)). It proably weighs 250 lbs !! Still have the a Rockwell floor standing model to redo, then I can get rid of my 2 old dime a dozen drills.
Nothing going to get don today. Have a doc's app. In Columbus wich is 1 hour away at 11. Just perfect to screw the whole day up

Cold out wind chill 0 brr
Sorry don't know how to post pics some one will have to hold my hand thru it

Thanks for having me

Scruffy. Ron
Scruffy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2014.
Thanks given by:
Ron,

Check out this link. It'll explain how to attach pictures. Ask questions if you get stuck.

How To Attach Pictures To A Post

Ed
Thanks given by:
looks like I'm back in business on making parts for this old gal, maybe this year will be better then last year was on me casting Cast Iron, I poured this part today and it came out great, nice soft iron that so far is machining like butter.

dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Looks like a good casting David.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(03-14-2014, 06:12 PM)EdK Wrote: Looks like a good casting David.

Ed

so far, its a little hard around the edges but thats to be expected with a raw cast iron casting. but its a heck of a lot better then the stuff I was pouring last year.

DA

Thanks given by:
Color me green with envy at your ability to cast parts like that in iron. Great work!
Thanks given by:
maybe purple, I don't have any green. casting metal isn't hard its just takes the right equipment and time to learn. making the patterns is a lot harder then the casting anyway it is for me as I'm not very good with wood.

DA

Thanks given by: