Let's See Your Lathe
Okay let me join the fun!

This is my ML7 on it's new bench and 4 inch thick concrete counter!
[Image: myford1.jpg]

And another overall shot.
[Image: P1020664.jpg]

I still have to take some pics of the South Bend...

Andrew
A proud member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.

1959 Myford ML7,1949 South Bend 9A,Clausing 8520 mill,Keller Die filer,1929 Rhodes Shaper.
Thanks given by: EdK
Andrew,

That sure does look good,:):):) did you cast the concrete counter?

DaveH
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2012, 12:07 PM)DaveH Wrote: Andrew,

That sure does look good,:):):) did you cast the concrete counter?

DaveH

Hi Dave,

Yes i did cast the concrete myself in the basement.
Made a form from wood and lined it with a plastic sheet.
Mixed the concrete with a water reducer and poured it in.
Left it covered and watered it daily for a month.

Andrew
A proud member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.

1959 Myford ML7,1949 South Bend 9A,Clausing 8520 mill,Keller Die filer,1929 Rhodes Shaper.
Thanks given by:
(02-18-2012, 11:44 AM)lazylathe Wrote: Okay let me join the fun!

This is my ML7 on it's new bench and 4 inch thick concrete counter!
[Image: myford1.jpg]

And another overall shot.
[Image: P1020664.jpg]

I still have to take some pics of the South Bend...

Andrew
that looks really good I like those myfords. tom
Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
        OK! I will show mine when it was clean. One is a SB9A that I redid about a year ago and the other is a Sherline CNC that I got for free with a lot of extras and a CNC mill too.
Paul
pjf134, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Well here she is. I have no idea of who made her or when but those in the know have suggested around 1895 to 1910 and possibly made here in Australia.

18x60, with 36" over the gap and fitted with a 4hp 3 phase motor. I redesigned the drive set up and added a CA size QCTP. I am still working on building the power feed, which is chain driven. Once I get time, I might document the whole process, as I haven't really done that yet.

I need to take some more photos but it is actually difficult to get all of her in! Here is a before and after shot.

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
That is still such a cool machine, and you've really done such a good job getting it to this point. Don't you now have a QCTP for the machine?

There aren't many machines that have that style of tailstock movement, it's so much stronger than the tiny internal, captive screw threads seen on most machines. If I recall correctly, that machine also has a rather unusual lead screw and/or feed rod arrangment.

More pictures please!
Thanks given by:
Mayhem,

What a great job you did on that.

A few more photo's would be great.
:)
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Wow great lathe photos lads Big Grin

Andrew ,, i had an ML7 , it was my second lathe ,, very enjoyable bit of kit to use Cool ,,,,,,,,, dont no if you would be interested but i designed a lever feed for my ML7 tail stock younks ago , anyway i had a rummage and found the drawing :) if your interested i can re draw it in CAD as its on this old stuff called paper LOL and send it to you .

Rob
Thanks given by:
Thanks for kind words. It has been a slow process but well worth the effort, as I have learned a lot and have a better understanding of her.

I do indeed have a QCTP (from http://www.tools4cheap.net) and love it. Although, I have made it so I can still use the old 4-way turret if need be. In the second pic you can see part of the 2tpi leadscrew chucked up for cleaning (the lathe was well covered during the cleaning process). The rest of the leadscrew is poking out the back of the spindle and why the door is open! It is good to have a 3.5" through hole! The leadscrew runs along the front and the feed shaft runs along the rear.

I will take some more pics. Do you want them here or do you want a rebuild thread?
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: