Let's See Your Lathe

I'll start this off by showing you my lathe. It's a Vectrax 14x40 lathe. Vectras is MSC's house brand lathe. It was made in Taiwan and has a decent fit and finish. Enjoy!

Ed

P.S. I'll attach a better picture this evening. This is the best one I had with me at work.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Well mine is the same as Ed's only a lot dirtier Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

DaveH
Thanks given by:
Here is mine as long as I can get the attachment to work. n It's a 12x40 from Timeway Machine in CHINA and was actually built for them by SIEG so prowdly wears both Timeway and SIEG labels. I have not really done anything with it yet it is still covered well with packing grease. Fit and finish is very good, it has all the accessories including taper attachment, Sinotec DRO, coolant system QC toolpost both steady and foll rests etc etc. All for $3200.00 USD delivered to Calgary, AB.

Logan 10x26" lathe
SIEG 12x40" lathe
RongFU 45 clone mill
6" import band saw
Baldor Grinder
thousand of tools+tooling pieces 40 yrs of collecting
Thanks given by:
Oooow - very nice Tom, I like it (a lot):)

DaveH
Thanks given by:
Wow. Really?

Are you guys trying to force me into cleaning up the mess that I call my "shop"? :s

Who's been talking to my Mrs? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Willie
Thanks given by:
Tom,

I especially like the leadscrew covers on your lathe. All lathes should come with those.

Ed
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG_1534-r.jpg]

1974-vintage Victor 1640, Taiwanese-made 5HP, came with Mitusbishi DRO and Dorian CA QCTP, for the cost of shipping for Mentor OH to Worcester MA
Thanks given by:
Nice lathe Ken,

I suppose it looks like I may have to do some cleaning over the weekend:dodgy::dodgy::dodgy:

DaveH
Thanks given by:
(02-17-2012, 04:17 AM)DaveH Wrote: Nice lathe Ken,

I suppose it looks like I may have to do some cleaning over the weekend:dodgy::dodgy::dodgy:

DaveH

There's a bit of a mess there in the shop too, but nothing severe. There's a huge number of these Victor lathes in the shops in this area. Three different places I've worked over the years had them, and in my job I get into many other shops and often find myself saying "I have one of those at the home shop!"

Notice the unusual steady rest on the floor near the foot of the machine. That's one I pulled out of a scrap pile at a machine tool sales place I once worked at, and it just happened to have about the correct height and a perfect match on the flat & vee. My dad made up a bottom clamp plate, and he has already used it once or twice.

That machine was originally a dark blueish-gray. It had been painted one other color before the off-white. I wish I had time to strip it back and get it to an original color again. That's VERY low on the list of things that need to be done in the shop though.
Thanks given by:
I don't remember what my lathe looks like anymore. I've been spending all of my free time setting up the forum so I better go and have a peek to be sure it's still there. Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by: