Two additions to my shop accessories.
Last month I purchased a rotary table and tail-stock combination from ENCO while they were having a sale. They shipped me a Phase II table and tali-stock that will help round out the capabilities of my vertical mill. Now every rotary table needs an adapter to be able to mount a three jaw chuck, so the first project was to make one using the table. The three jaw chuck I used was one I had from my Craftsman 12" lathe. The chuck dates back to 1916 and it still is functioning. I purchased a scrap of aluminum, from my local supplier and went to work. The design is simple but functional. Here are some pictures of how it turned out. This was my first attempt to cut 6 pitch threads and my first attempt to turn a Morris taper. Here are some pictures of the adapter.

My next project was to make a tilting table. One day I was cursing this site and got a link to the Home Metal Shop Club in Texas. On their site they had a set of plans for a tilting table that were published in their newsletter back in June 2011. The table was designed by Dick Kosteinicek and he produced a complete set of drawings. Well I took a little poetic licence and adapted his plans to the material I had and my skill level as a machinist and here is the table. The material bill was about $70.00 and the additional tooling I had to purchase ran about $150.00 for slot cutters and counter boars, and taps.

ml_woy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
Nice job on the tilting table. You should add an accurately located round bar underneath so you can use it as a sort of poor mans sine table.

BTW, why were you "cursing" the site??? Rotfl

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2013, 08:10 PM)TomG Wrote: Nice job on the tilting table. You should add an accurately located round bar underneath so you can use it as a sort of poor mans sine table.

Tom

Good idea, just poor spelling!

M.L.
ml_woy, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by:
(07-17-2013, 10:39 PM)ml_woy Wrote:
(07-17-2013, 08:10 PM)TomG Wrote: ...

Tom

Good idea, just poor spelling!

M.L.

I assume you meant "cruising"? I sure hope so. Smile

Nice job on the adapter and especially the tilting table. I bought one from Enco when they were on sale with free shipping. It doesn't get a lot of use but is sure is nice to have when you need it.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I have the same Phase II rotary table and matching tailstock. My dad had bought the RT, I 4 years later found the tailstock on Ebay and snagged it for $22, plus $46 for shipping. I suppose it's still a good bargain though I don't know when I'll use it. I've used the RT three times since he got it, and none of those jobs I did would be done the same way now that I have a 2-axis CNC.
Thanks given by:
Nicely done, looks quite a robust tilting table Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: