Hi Lo Shifter handle
I started this afternoon making hopefully some type of pattern for the handle that clamps the Ram to the Yoke, I have no idea what its going to turn out looking like. I know that it probably won't be close to the original like the one in the photo.

[Image: Homestead-13-154-Medium00.jpg]

going to have to look at that photo some more be nice if I could see a real one.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I wasn't too happy with the way the casting did yesterday so I decided to redo it today, and since pouring molten metal into a mold is a lot more fun then mowing grass i poured it again.
This time I rammed it up a lot harder and the pattern half's almost fell out when I opened the mold to remove them. there was amost no tearing of the sand just some minor little bits that pretty much will happen to any mold. I didn't do a lot of thinking with the gating but it filled ok, only thing was the melt was at about 1180 F should of been a bit hotter would of helped with surface finish.
Still working on the pattern for the handle that goes on top of the ram, its not going to be pretty but least ways I'll have a handle on it.

[Image: second-hi-lo-shifter-handle.jpg]
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: