Steel Crucible
(04-15-2012, 10:36 AM)Highpower Wrote: Not trying to be a stick in the mud here guys, but........

For the benefit of any folks here that might be new to metalworking & welding in particular - all of this "shop warming" is being conducted with a generous amount of fresh air ventilation and proper welding fume extraction. Right guys??? Happyyes

We wouldn't want to give anyone the wrong idea about welding in a closed up shop, breathing the noxious gases generated by welding that can make you really sick... or worse. Sadno

Smiley-eatdrink004

Awwww!! Willie,

What's a few dead brain cells among st friends.TongueTongue

Yes you are quite right, good ventilation is a must!!SlapheadWorthy

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hay Jerry,

I got nuttin against a few dead brain cells. In fact, I have a LOT of them! Big Grin
I'm not too fond of DEAD - dead though. Sadno

Many years ago I got myself into a bit of a pickle doing some repairs on some chain link fence posts outside in the yard. Working with my oxy-accet torches on the galvanized posts when the wind shifted and blew a cloud of green gas and smoke right up under my nose as I was inhaling.

Long story short.... I wasn't right for a couple of days after that. Bleh
Still not right today, but for different reasons. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Just want everyone to be careful about what they are doing so they can come back here and tell us all about it. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
I think the big headline there is, keep away from welding Galvanised steel, if you like being healthy, if you have no choice then grind away all the gal from the weld area first and wear a respirator just in case you have missed some, the weld will turn out much better too.
Best Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Brings to mind a welding job I ran back in the 70's. It was an all day type job at the table, and used a Hobart motor/generator welder. I coiled up about 25 feet of lead to sit on to keep my......well, you know....warm. Was good in the winter.

Good job on the crucible!
Thanks given by: