Ram clamp handle
(11-25-2013, 02:04 PM)awemawson Wrote: It'll need to be in bronze to match the other one of course Smiley-dancenana

Looks good to me

Andrew

The metal that I used to pour the crank handle out of is a little on the pricey side, don't know if I'll have enough to do this with. stuff runs well over a 100.00 and ingot
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
here's a shot of the new cast iron handle that I poured yesterday, it has some imperfections but will work, I had some alignment issues with the mold when I closed it up, I should be able to blend in most of them. I used an embossing label tape maker to put my name on the handle with, the print isn't the best but with what I had to make the tape with it works for me as the name will be there long after I'm gone or someone decides to grind it off.

Now I need to make a cast iron washer to put under the handle so that I can get the handle clocked into a decent position on the operators side of the machine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Maybe consider a needle thrust washer too. You'll be able to clamp it tighter.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I think the foot long handle will hold it securely enough without the added bearing. but I'll keep it in mind if things start slipping.

Now to make a pattern for a part that I don't have even the busted parts to go by, 6 inch handwheel with a depressed center.

DA

Thanks given by: