New part for the Cinci lead screw support
been working on this thing off and on all day as the glue would dry and the finished doing the lawn, double checked this one to make sure the shaft center was the right height and throwed in a core print just for something to make it more complicated.

hacking off a hunk of 2 inch PVC for a core mold was the easy part.

[Image: leadscrew-support-0001.jpg]
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
been working on this thing off and on again all day as the weather and wood filler would allow.

the front or top side

[Image: leadscrew-support-0004.jpg]

the bottom or back side

[Image: leadscrew-support-0003.jpg]

pattern with core box

[Image: leadscrew-support-0002.jpg]

I have it on the paint hanger getting some color as i type, just need to do a little final sanding finish the paint and if it doesn't rain tomorrow I should be able to cast it, I have the core already made used some extra fine silica sand and sodium silicate

DA

Thanks given by:
if I'm lucky and it doesn't rain I get to play with the hot stuff tomorrow, I got the paint on and the dowels in

[Image: leadscrew-support-0005.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Based on the color you chose, I assume you must be a Minnesota Vikings fan. (Just kidding.) Big Grin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed

hate to tell you this but I don't like football, the color was picked as the cheapest on the shelf Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

rained pretty hard last night but I'm still gonna try to pour it this morning, after me and the shop monster have some Cherrio's

DA

Thanks given by:
OK the part that everyones been waiting for the actual part, well I get to do it all over again the damn patterns a 1/4" too long. and I figure it will be easier to make a new patten then to try an cut this one down.

anyway heres the photos, it has some sand inclusions from where sand washed loose in the gate and one little sand tear that must of fallen loose when the mold was closed. anyway this shows the part clamped up in position but to fit right it needs to be like within 1/8" of the side of the gear.

[Image: leadscrew-support-0007.jpg]

DA

Thanks given by:
DA,
if you have a mig welder? a small 120v, aluminum wire (I don't remember the type weld wire), pure argon does a wonderful job at filling those bad spots and with good color match. I use a used mig Italian job, it has a short lead to the gun. The brothers I bought it from said they hated it cause it was so short. i handed them the 50$ and said short is good I'm setting this up for aluminum. They stared arguing then they were rolling on the ground wrestling....I left! I did a large casting that shifted, oh it was ugly but I got to really try it out, then mill a spot, also cut some with the saw. It worked better than I thought it would.
Heck for those small blemishes a little spot filler would be fine!

it's the blue one, tank is behind the tig to the left of it (I'm not that good at tigging!) My son does the tig! and he has a Miller syncro 250.
tt
oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
I could do that if it was just the sand spots but the damn thing is a quarter inch too long, so time I pay someone to cut and weld it I can make a new pattern a lot cheaper as I already have the board, besides who knows this next pattern may even turn out right.

actually the part is probably right if I had the original ratchet gear on the machine but I don't think the one thats on it is right, because to make the pattern for this part I used the broken original support to measure off of.

this shows the original broken part along with the first patten that I really messed up, so I know that the 5 1/4 inches long that I made the pattern is right.
[Image: support00001.jpg]

will post some video of the pour after I do some cutting and hacking on it.

DA

Thanks given by:
Video of the pour DroolDroolDroolDroolDroolDrool
Yes please
John
Thanks given by:
in due time been working on burner controls trying to stick 5 pounds in a 1 pound box.

Thanks given by: