How to Build a Stack of Gauge Blocks
Tom, your video prompted me to buy an 81 piece gage block set today. I found one on Shars E-Bay site(Discount Machine) for $75.00, with free shipping. Has a traceable standard an is identical to the set in your video. Now I can check the accuracy of my Dad's Starrett 1" mic and the 2=3" I picked up at the flea market last Sunday, as well as my various calipers.
Thanks again.

Chuck
Micromark 7x14 Lathe, X2 Mill , old Green 4x6 bandsaw
The difficult takes me a while, the impossible takes a little longer.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Chuck.

What did you teach in the USAF? I taught high school industrial arts, welding and vocational machine shop, 9th. grade through 12th. I got to work with 14 years old's who had never seen a lathe as well as "seasoned veteran" 18 year old's in the vocational program. Teaching can be a very rewarding experience.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Tom, I taught EF-111 Electronics Maintenance on the Electronic Warfare Systems, Digital Electronics, High Reliability Soldering, and Training Management, in a Field Training Detachment, Mtn Home AFB, Idaho.

Chuck
Thanks given by:
Good stuff Tom Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DavH
Thanks given by:
Tom,
What grease do you use on your blocks? Is it stored in a plastic container in the case?

Chuck
Thanks given by:
Chuck,

It's just a gob of white lithium I stuck in a recess in the case. I thought about cutting a pocket for some sort of container, but this makes it more accessible. I don't really care if it gets dirty from being in the open since I clean it off the blocks anyway before I use them.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: