DC engine refit
hi well i need to see if it a runner bin looking for a set up Manuel for it and spear parts they started to mack this engine in 1950
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(08-20-2013, 05:20 PM)MikeWi Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 04:47 PM)krv3000 Wrote: lol yep bin ther and dun that i whent on to cars one of the funiest things i ever red in a model mag was all ways have a bin bag to put the bits in when you go fliying

I trick I learned is to pack that bag INSIDE the plane so it's there when you find the wreck. Had a spectacular crash due to radio problems myself where I needed that bag. Newbie on the field who didn't read the rules.

I never thought of a bag inside the plane. Would have come in handy a couple of times, along with a small shovel. Blush Big Grin

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
The "Bag in a plane" concept is a good one although I have switched over to building with foam for sport flyers instead of balsa, so they are a lot more durable and ridiculously fast to build. I've also fallen in love with electrics. That reminds me, I need to get out and fly while the weather is still decent.

Here's a pic of a 3D bipe that I built a while back out of foam insulation from the Depot. It is a blast to fly if you have quick reflexes. I've probably built half a dozen of these and it only takes a few evenings to put one together. It'll hover, go vertical like crazy and do inside and outside loops inside about a 20 foot box.

Tom

[Image: IMG_3542.JPG]
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-22-2013, 08:28 AM)TomG Wrote: It is a blast to fly if you have quick reflexes.
Tom
That lets me out. Wish I'd known about the foam back when I did fly R/C stuff. Too many years and gallons of homemade beer for that kind of activity now.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Steve,

You don't have to make a 3D plane, you can use the same building technique for a park flyer that pretty much fly's itself. Foam and electric is a great combination.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanx Tom, I still doubt if you'll ever find me at the R/C field.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: