Let's See Your Mill
Hi Tom, yes, it has an INT30 spindle for horizontal use, an MT2 taper in the vertical head, and separate motors for each. The mill came from a university lab, so its only been subject to light use rather than production work. I have been lucky to find some new old stock tooling lately, and last week I acquired a 4 1/2" machine vice in excelent condition, which I painted to match. My 6" vice would be fine for a Bridgeport, but as you can see, its a bit overkill for this mill's 6" wide table; and when properly mounted would restrict the Y-axis travel by about 3", but at least I have it if needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike
Thanks given by:
Wow, that IS a nice looking mill. Do you have any sort of overarm support for the machine to use with a horizontal arbor? I know what you mean about the 6 inch vise on the table. My table is only 2 inches wider and still seems too small for my 6 inch vise. But you are right Mike about having both sizes of vises. They each come into their own in certain setups. I'm glad I have the option. Smiley-eatdrink004

I see you collect ammo cans too.... Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
Yes, its a dovetailed overarm, which adjusts into the required position when the vertical head is removed.  The head is easily lifted off by hand, but easier by mechanical means.  Here are a couple of photos showing the mill when I partially dissembled it for transport after purchase, and a close up of the vertical head, where you can also see the dovetail end arbor support in the box to the left.  Better photos of the actual mill can be seen in the link on my previous post # 358.

Edit: I bought several pallet loads of the surplus ammo cans a couple of years ago. Airtight, watertight and inspectable, they were just the ticket for shipping some of our valued possessions overseas by freighter.

Mike
Thanks given by:
VERY cool machine, so versatile! Congratulations.
Thanks given by: Mike E.
Our new toy we bought the end of last year and had installed the end of December.

Our 2016 Samsung MCV400 VMC.

[Image: 20161227_161452_zpsw5lrm2nr.jpg]

This is my son Andrew getting ready to install the new Orange 6" Dual Station vises we have going in the machine.

[Image: 20170104_132021_zpsqd7aahw4.jpg]

With the vises on the table, it's time to get them aligned and probed for location. For the 1st job in the machine, they are being set up as single station vises.

[Image: 20170223_114934_zpsimnzbxxh.jpg]

Andrew indicates the vises square and in line.

[Image: 20170223_140634_zpsnycetgvv.jpg]

[Image: 20170223_141551_zpsesmpgkiz.jpg]

With the vises square and inline, it's time to probe them for location.

[Image: 20170223_143309_zpsjojeifox.jpg]

When we do get to use them as intended as double station vises, here's a picture of what they will look like.  Will post more pics and video when time allows.

[Image: 100105_zpsssppgo53.jpg]
Best Regards,
Russ

Check us out on Facebook and give us a "Like" 

Crosby Machine Company, Inc

Thanks given by:
Very nice Russ.

Did you replace an existing machine with this or did you manage to shoehorn it in alongside the others? It is nice to see that Samsung have very kindly given it a colour scheme that will allow it to blend in with all the Hass machines Big Grin I do like to look of those vices.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Russ,

Are those vices made from stainless steel?

Ed
Thanks given by:
Hi Ed, no they are not.  Not exactly sure what alloy, but the bodies are Cast Iron.
Best Regards,
Russ

Check us out on Facebook and give us a "Like" 

Crosby Machine Company, Inc

Thanks given by: EdK
My old Benchmaster mill with a shop made spindle

7mag, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by:
New to me, ancient to everybody else - no pics of it in the 'shop yet, I had to move everything around (benches, shelving, all their contents, a few motorbikes) and can't get a clear shot (or even a muddled shot) of it, but a couple of pics of the move:

Loaded up, did a few miles and stopped to check it was all secure
[Image: Mill%20on%20trailer%20side%20countryside...4fairr.jpg]

Back home, some tricky reversing to get positioned, then a one-Dave unload that went surprisingly well...

Now to commission the toy, after a) building a phase convertor (around a 5.5 KW motor and 6.5 KVA autotransformer) and b) wiring a new distribution unit to supply the phase convertor...

Dave H. (the other one)

[url=http://s979.photobucket.com/user/hopefuldave/media/Mill%20on%20trailer%20side%20countryside_zpsbb4fairr.jpg.html][/url]
Rules are for the obedience of fools, and the guidance of wise men...
(Douglas Bader)
Thanks given by: