flat belt pulley pattern
still have to put a keyway in it but no broach on hand have to go to town in the morning see if I can get one, vise isn't big enough to do it in the shaper and I don't have enough hardware to clamp it to the table with.

anyway for your amusement

dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that David
It is great to see old machinery working again
That pulley is a credit to your perseverance
John
Thanks given by:
Thanks John, I screwed it up with the hub on the inside when I measured it I measured from the column to the edge of the pulley rim and then didn't think anything else about it, but when I put in the inner part of the hub it pushed the whole pulley out and inch which put things out of alignment. but I think I've cheated enough that it will be ok,

I think next up should be a nice pulley to replace the one on the tranny as from the looks of it I think it's made from paper (some of them were) I think a nice 6 inch diameter 3.5 wide pulley might make a really nice iron pour.

DA

Thanks given by:
That's really great, David Smiley-signs107
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
here's a couple pictures I found on the camera last night that show how bad the misalignment was and how much I took out of he back of the hub.

[Image: flat-belt-pulley00046.jpg]

[Image: flat-belt-pulley00044.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(09-14-2013, 11:52 PM)dallen Wrote: did a little video editing tonight cut out a bunch of the stuff poeple don't want to watch and speeded it so so that it won't take all night to watch. I didn't put in anything about ramming up the cope (top half) as it would just be a repeat of the drag.

gr8 video's dallen thoroughly enjoyed it,[& learned a bit along the way!!] larger than anything I've done!! keep 'em coming.
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Graham

it was a fun pour, I was really glad that I didn't have to pour it more then once, thing took just about all the sand that I had to ram it up.

Thanks given by:
I just spent the last hour reading and watching the videos in this post and just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to put it all together. I really want to give foundry work a try and till that time comes I love watching others who know what they are doing. Nice work indeed, and I'm only a little jealous of your shaper. Drool

Shawn
Shawn, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by: