flat belt pulley pattern
David,

If you don't mind I'd like five of those cast in 8" x 22" for my vanDrool, you wanna be careful or you'll be taking work off of Chip Foose's wheel design company6799

But seriously thats a nice simple design, I really like the aesthetic,
It's kind of a modern take on an older part,

I like it

Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
I'm looking forward to seeing that cast. Nice work Dave.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
17428 I'm wondering if there is enough iron in the pot for the pulley? Sweat
oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
I would've guessed that it'd be an Ally pour.

Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
Goaly I got a bigger pot

Rick your right even if I was going to do it in Cast Iron I'd do it in Aluminum first to check gating and such.

Thanks for the compliments guy's I've burned up a lot of what few smart cell's I have left on this one. almost put the gussets in it yesterday before I realized that I needed to cut the draft on the inside first. Started putting in wax fillet last night, wish what I have was bigger hopefully it'll work. I have to I can go back and put in more sort of like a 3 pass weld fillet, but I think this will work.

Oh Rick if you want 22's you make the pattern, and Goaly can pour em he's got more sand then I do. course if it wasn't so damn far I'd come help.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
22's we would need at least one more 12# pouring ladle maybe 2? my pot can hold a couple of 15" easy, but still have to cut them to get them into the pot.
oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
Nah, 22"s are for rappers anyway, and I've always been a Rockabilly (Rockabilly-Rickabilly, I'm sure most of you picked up on that a while back)

I was just saying that the proportions looked good enough for a commercial wheel design

Regards
Rick
Thanks given by:
So you all don't think I been laying about watching Nascar, heres a couple photos to sorta explain what I been doing all day besides casting a part for a guy.

I got all the gussets in the (to me) outside of the pulley the side thats going to be facing out. I also think I did a hell of a better job on these then I did on the ones yesterday.

[Image: flat-belt-pulley00023jpg.jpg]
[Image: flat-belt-pulley00021.jpg]

I also started putting in the wax fillets have most of it done on this side and only about half to do on the other side. couple photos of that

[Image: flat-belt-pulley00020jpg.jpg]
[Image: flat-belt-pulley00022.jpg]
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Looking good David. How much draft do you have on those spokes?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Does that "fillet wax" take paint ? usually paint goes all "Fish eyes" when you try and put it over even the slightest bit of wax.

Rick
Thanks given by: