flat belt pulley pattern
well all of them have about 3 to 4 degrees but with them being cut on an angle the ones on the inside don't look like they have very much, but they are also a lot thicker then the ones on the outside that I put in today. the nice looking ones I did today are only 2 inches tall and are about 3/8 inch wide at the web and taper up to about 1/8 at the high point on the hub the other edge is 3/4 inch high.

Damn pulleys gonna make and old man out of me yet, there's too much work to redo it if I screw upSlapheadSlapheadSlapheadBig Grin
DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2013, 04:28 PM)Rickabilly Wrote: Does that "fillet wax" take paint ? usually paint goes all "Fish eyes" when you try and put it over even the slightest bit of wax.

Rick

I haven't had any trouble with it, its made for pattern work, kinda like the stuff that john used except his was in a block, I usually put shellac on it but it always covers even with some on a leadscrew support pattern that I used some of the wax on.

Instructions (like I read and obey them) say to put on one or two coats of finish then apply the wax fillet then finish the paint job. for this which had better be a one time affair I kinda short cut that first part of the one or two coats. the Stuff does look pretty good under the shellac thou.

DA

Thanks given by:
Good to know, I'll have to find out where John buys it from over here.
Thanks,
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
heres a shot of some scraps that I glued together last night and put some of the wax fillet material on, then sprayed with some rattle can primer

[Image: wax-filler-under-primer.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Very nice work David. Smiley-signs107 Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Gotta get some, even just to play with
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:
so far for today I got this far with the draft.

Thanks given by:
this is where I get to start the day at with this pattern that I'm trying to make. But first have to take the shop monster for a walk and then a trip to the hardware store.

Eat your heart out Bob VillaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenanaSmiley-dancenana
[Image: flat-belt-pulley00025jpg.jpg]

DA

Thanks given by:
Looking good Dave
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Sure looks good Dave. I know not to suggest easier ways of doing stuff to you 'cause in your words "what's the fun in that?" This latest
endeavor adds "where's the beauty in that?" It's very attractive compared to a weldment. Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by: