Idea Foundry machine squeeze jolt
It looks about right now, as long as you have a lathe big enough to turn the thread, fitting a stop nut really is only about a day's worth of time, but it'll transform the machine so I think it is worth it. it'll let you set a depth on your press brake dies and get any number of identical pressings,

I had a setup for crimping a seal into the end recess of a shuttle valve it took a 5 ton press to crimp the edges in to hold the seal disc but the end use of the shuttle meant that the shuttle length was critical within 0.005" with the stop nut it was just a one strike deal, 120 pieces per hour, load stamp, load stamp.....

Another time it was stamping numbers into a measuring tool, with all the punches ground to the same length, simply fit them into the holder and stamp for an identical, square and even number each time.

I know what it's like to have a whole load of projects and no time, but at least you have a good supply of classic machines to restore, so with a flypress and a power hammer is it forging or sheet metal that you're into, personally I like doing compound contours in sheet, that is custom car body work so I have a load of tools and dies for doing just that on the fly press, I also have a Trumph (European Pullmax) with thumbnail dies for shrinking sheet and various other sheet metal machines.

Regards
Rick
Whatever it is, do it today, Tomorrow may not be an option and regret outlasts fatigue.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 08-31-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 09-01-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 09-01-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by oldgoaly - 09-01-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: Foundry machine squeeze jolt - by Rickabilly - 09-01-2013, 07:16 PM