Timber Framing Saw
That is interesting to know Walter and I certainly wasn't aware of that. My chainsaw refuses to cut straight at the moment but I think I may have been distracted when sharpening the blade and only did one side.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2013, 10:53 PM)Mayhem Wrote: That is interesting to know Walter and I certainly wasn't aware of that. My chainsaw refuses to cut straight at the moment but I think I may have been distracted when sharpening the blade and only did one side.

Well as long as you have not put the chain on backwards, LOL They tend to not cut very well that way either.

Walter
starlight_tools, proud to be a member of Metalworking Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
Another photo. This is the joint where the beam coming from the outside wall will attach to the existing building.

[Image: IMG_0767.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
All the parts are made, I hope.

[Image: IMG_0768.jpg]

Weather permitting will try putting the jigsaw puzzle together tomorrow.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Great job Greg. Good thing that you don't need more parts, it doesn't look like there's room for 'em.
I just love the mess and squalor you work in, looks just like home!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Steve (I think). And just think about it, with the expansion, I can have more mess and squalor
Greg
Thanks given by:
More is my motto, especially when it comes to mess & squalor.
Been messing and squaloring with a change from an old injector deep well pump to a new submersible that involved FINDING the well.
I will from now on advise anyone contemplating a rural home purchase to look for evidence of an above ground well casing or a distinct
indication of the well's whereabouts.
We had to dig from the wall of the house where the 2 pvc pipes went through the basement wall to the well, wherever that would be.

We found it in front of the added on garage.
Once located things went pretty quick, I did clean ups and running around as well as wiring the new 220v pump (my electrician friend who did my new panel had set me up with half the pump breaker wired for 110 and all I had to do was bring the white/ common down to the other side of the breaker and presto! 220 for the new submersible pump.
I also arranged with the plumber to do my own backfilling so the guy with the mini excavator (neat machine!) didn't have to wait around or come back.
Here's a pic of my back filling so far.

Oh, the tractor in the middle garage isn't my loader tractor that did the back filling, it's my snowblower tractor. I have three old Allis-Chalmers tractors the 3rd is an ever ongoing project.

Been a bit of a journey but I now know where our well is and we have a new pump, tank and brass and plastic fittings! Thumbsup
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Guess you won't be binging the casing above the ground.
How deep is the line? Looks shallow, you must not get much frost, driveways usually freeze deep with no snow cover.
Greg
Thanks given by:
The pieces of the puzzle fit.

[Image: IMG_0775.jpg]

Jim came over this aft to help and we had it all together in a couple of hours.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Steve - that looks like it was a fun project. My house is situated primarily on rock, so digging more than a few inches below the ground can be a real chore.

Greg - I'm glad the jig saw worked out well and it looks good. Just remember to remove the tractor before putting on the walls (if you are enclosing it that is).
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: