Let's see your bandsaw

This is my homemade 6" x 10" that I put together a year or so ago.
9 1/2" wheels trued up on my SB9. Hydraulic down feed actuated with a solenoid, it's coil in parallel with the motor windings.
A calibrated blade pressure adjuster. Also a bypass for quick positioning of the blade and an auto shutoff.
6203-2rs bearings in the upper wheel and the main shaft for the arm. 6000-2rs bearings for the blade guides with eccentric offsets for blade width adjustment.
Three speeds. 80, 140 and 210 FPM.
Thanks given by:
Goodness, that is one smart bandsaw Thumbsup 
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Wow. You put quite a lot of work into that Glen. Nice job!  Worthy 

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Oh, and Smiley-signs046 to the forums.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Nice job Glen. Did you make the wheels also?

Welcome to the forum.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Yes, I built the wheels as well. I rolled the outer rims and welded them up to the inner hubs. I trued them up in my SB9 lathe and then turned the top wheel for the bearings and the bottom for the gearbox output shaft.
I vulcanized 1/4" x 1" tires (made from tarp strap) to the rims and trued them up with a Dremel tool clamped stationary while rotating the wheels.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Good job Glen! I too, made my own bandsaw (there may be a few pics on here somewhere). I only used three spokes for each wheel and didn't bother with tires for the wheels.
Other than that the size is similar.
Are we Canucks into building our own bandsaws? Thumbsup

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2015, 07:38 AM)stevec Wrote: Are we Canucks into building our own bandsaws? Thumbsup

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004

I thought you guys only make hockey sticks and maple syrup.  17428

Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Yes, we've been diversifying as of late. Besides, we can increase our hockey stick production with better tools Smile
Thanks given by:
Glen, you forgot to mention that we extract the maple syrup from the offcuts of the hockey stick manufacture. Rotfl Rotfl

Steve

Smiley-eatdrink004
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:

.pdf   power hacksaw.pdf (Size: 372.8 KB / Downloads: 26)
.pdf   power hacksaw -2.pdf (Size: 163.11 KB / Downloads: 19)

Not a bandsaw, but this is the closest sub-forum.  1914 power hacksaw originally powered by a line shaft.
Thanks given by: