Let's see your bandsaw
Henry,

Quite a smart stand that Smiley-signs107

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(05-24-2012, 12:06 PM)ETC57 Wrote: Henry,

I really like your stand, very little surface to collect debris and still very stable. Drool Thumbsup Smiley-signs107

Jerry.Popcorn

Thanks DaveH and ETC57. The 4x6 Bandsaw is one of the tools I thought I didn't really need. I've found that I use it all the time. My saw had the usual flimsy stand which is actually quite dangerous. I was moving my saw soon after I got it and it tipped over almost hitting me as it went down. The fall put a nice dent in the motor housing. I decided to build a better stand. I wanted it to have a higher working height, to be very stable, and easy to move around. One thing that I would do differently is I would make the chip tray bigger. I used a cookie sheet and although it catches most of the chips, it could be a little bigger.

Henry Arnold
henryarnold, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
Henry,the nice thing about the cookie sheet is that it's so easy to remove and dump.
Here's a pic of my other Bandsaw, the ubiquitous 4X6

If I remember correctly the stand started it's life as an aquarium stand I built, one of many when I was into tropical fish.
The saw was placed to the rear of the table/stand to clear the motor when in vertical position and to counterbalance things when it's lifted from horiz. to vertical.
Of course the original stand (actually it was more of a "fall" than a stand) quickly informed me something heavier and stronger was required.17428
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(05-25-2012, 11:48 AM)stevec Wrote: Here's a pic of my other Bandsaw, the ubiquitous 4X6

Ubiquitous? I've never heard of that brand before? 17428

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Quote:Of course the original stand (actually it was more of a "fall" than a stand) ...

:smiley-signs115: Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by:
(05-24-2012, 03:42 PM)DaveH Wrote: Henry,

Quite a smart stand that Smiley-signs107

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Ditto on the stand! I may have to "borrow" your design for my own use.

Chin There are so many of this saws out there I bet someone could have a nice little business for themselves just making replacements for those laughable legs that these come with.

Take Henry's design and tweak it a bit to make it a bolt-together for shipping and "viola!", you're in business. (Not me though, I'm up to my nose in "projects" as it is. Blush)

Thanks Henry Smiley-signs107

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
I drew up plans for Henry's bandsaw stand that are available to download on the Yahoo 4x6 bandsaw group web site. A number of members of that group were asking for the plans to his stand and with Henry's permission I drew them up to make them available. I think it's a PDF file but I could make them available in DWG or DXF if anyone would like them.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-26-2012, 04:46 PM)EdAK Wrote: I drew up plans for Henry's bandsaw stand that are available to download on the Yahoo 4x6 bandsaw group web site. A number of members of that group were asking for the plans to his stand and with Henry's permission I drew them up to make them available. I think it's a PDF file but I could make them available in DWG or DXF if anyone would like them.

Ed
Ed,
I think that's a good idea, PDF file should be fineThumbsup
Thanks
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Here are the drawings for Henry's bandsaw stand.

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthread.php?tid=442

Ed
Thanks given by:
(05-26-2012, 04:46 PM)EdAK Wrote: I drew up plans for Henry's bandsaw stand that are available to download on the Yahoo 4x6 bandsaw group web site. A number of members of that group were asking for the plans to his stand and with Henry's permission I drew them up to make them available. I think it's a PDF file but I could make them available in DWG or DXF if anyone would like them.

Ed

Thanks again for doing the drawings.

Henry Arnold
henryarnold, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.
Thanks given by:
Very nice PDF., Ed Smiley-signs107

Thanks to you Henry as well Smiley-signs107

Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: