MIG Wire Test
I found this test of MIG wire interesting. The guy tests MIG wire from Hobart, Lincoln and HTP.

Ed
Thanks given by: LJP
That will be interesting to watch, thanks! Not being a weldor, I just figured wire was wire. Darn handy gizmo, that wire feed. Gave my old AC buzz box away to my nephew, who in turn gave it to someone else. I suppose it's now on the bottom of a lake somewhere.

A tip that has been working for me is to pinch a bit of rag around the wire with a clothes pin, where the wire comes off the spool. Spray lightly with WD40. Acting as a wiper it seems to reduce wire feeding problems.
Thanks given by:
I only use .030 S6 HTP wire and have for the last 7 years. Can't beat the price and tips ship free with the wire...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure the last order for wire was from HTP, We use .035 even to weld sheet metal, well more sheet metal than anything else. The main mig is a 25 year old Snap-on welder. I don't buy tip from S.O. regular Tweco's then use a spacer to make up the difference till the tip is has been worn / filed down. yes nozzle gel. We do a lot of rosette spot welds for replacement panels. Have even built up the thumb for thumbnail shrinking dies with the same welder and wire.

oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by: