Making A Welding Table
Not my table ... darn ... but IMHO a great way to have mobility when you need it yet solid, on the floor legs when you don't ... http://thecasterblog.com/2013/05/13/heav...e-casters/
Thanks given by: EdK
Ed, the 14 gauge will be more than adequate, provided you can weld it.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
I have been preoccupied, of late, with the finding of our well and the change to a new submersible pump instead of the 20yr. old 2 line jet pump.
Here's my latest "non-use" of my welding table.

My lift, a.k.a. my best friend, often serves as my welding table because of it's height change at the press of a button.

Here's the top that'll go on it.

Now I've got to get to work and install it and finish my backfilling.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(09-19-2013, 09:19 PM)arvidj Wrote: Not my table ... darn ... but IMHO a great way to have mobility when you need it yet solid, on the floor legs when you don't ... http://thecasterblog.com/2013/05/13/heav...e-casters/

Thanks for the link Arvid.
That's got some nice features. Although, I'd rather the jacks where for setting the table height. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2013, 07:03 AM)stevec Wrote: Ed, the 14 gauge will be more than adequate, provided you can weld it.

Steve,

That is my one concern with using the 14 gauge tubing. I'll need to practice on some before I commit to it.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Ed, I saw some of your wire feed trials and by the time you make your last passes on the welding table it'll be fine. Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
(09-20-2013, 08:53 AM)stevec Wrote: Ed, I saw some of your wire feed trials and by the time you make your last passes on the welding table it'll be fine. Thumbsup

After some practicing on scrap, I think I'll tackle the welding cart since I have all of the pieces cut out for it and it's also 14 gauge. I can perfect my technique welding the cart up. I think I'll use .025" wire for the 14 gauge tubing.

Ed
Thanks given by:
The following parts will be made from the 14 gauge 2 x 3 tubing:

The 4 legs.
The top and bottom side rails.

I don't have enough to do the long front and back rails in 2 x 3 so I chose to use it for the legs instead. The rest of the pieces will be made from 14 gauge 2 x 2 tubing.

Ed

Thanks given by:
(09-20-2013, 07:15 AM)stevec Wrote: I have been preoccupied, of late, with the finding of our well and the change to a new submersible pump instead of the 20yr. old 2 line jet pump.
Here's my latest "non-use" of my welding table.

My lift, a.k.a. my best friend, often serves as my welding table because of it's height change at the press of a button.

Here's the top that'll go on it.

Now I've got to get to work and install it and finish my backfilling.

That's going to make a nice cover for the well Steve. That should last a while.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Here's what I got done yesterday.

Now if the "class a gravel" gets delivered I can finish the back filling and replace the apron of pavers. I figure I'll have to bring the apron out another couple of rows to cover the front edge of the well cover.
The paver apron in front of the other two garages needs to be re-laid too but if I have to do it myself it's NOT gonna happen.
As well as this being "the land of you can't get that here" it's also "the land of you can't get that DONE here." Rant
Thanks given by: