a pant job
hi all did not start this job as a project so i did not tack a lot of pics when i got me lathe it needed a repaint and all i had was blue pic 1 well i decided to pant it back to its a original culer witch is a Orange yellow see pic 2 of wat me lathe shod look like any way the blue reacted with the yellow pant that i was gowning to pant it with not a big problem as i only tried a bit on the tale stock so i had a go with the gray that i panted me grinder with this to lifted the blue YikesYikes that's when the fun started i striped the lathe right back but left the head on then with sum pant thinners removed all the pant on the lathe SOS no pics of that bit i then got sum zinc filer primer and after masking off the bead and head stock repainted the base and the rest of the lathe this pant had to be left for 8 hawers before panting on the top i left it for a full day then hand panted it gray and did the tale post and the crosslide and compound slide in red i had just finish putting it back together when a Friend pop ed in can i turn a Peace of ally for him well pic speak for them selves right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
I had a look at the lathe last nite
The pictures don't do Bobs work justice
It looked like a new one but a "proper colour"
Bob also gave me the little diesel engine he restored
My Dad is a collector of such things
Bob you made a old man very happy
John
Thanks given by:
I will second what John says about the photos not doing the new colour scheme justice , I was there last night and it looks better in the flesh than in the photos.
I bet everyone reading the post is glad he did not go for Vomit orange Yikes
Good work Bob .... oh just remembered about this Graemlin

Smiley-eatdrink004 cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Oh my, Mick, John, and Bob in the same place at the same time... We'll be hearing conspiracy theories from BBC next! LOL! I'm just jealous. Would love to have you three in my shop for a natter!.

Forgot to add, nice paint job, Bob!

Chuck
Micromark 7x14 Lathe, X2 Mill , old Green 4x6 bandsaw
The difficult takes me a while, the impossible takes a little longer.
Thanks given by:
never herd that saying for yonks well i met the chaps from this forum and they have helpe me in someny ways john rob peter mick we is in all in the north i have yet to go and see mick's work shop and see wat i can fill me boot up with thanks for the coments
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Graemlin

I like the "proper" grey as well.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I was stationed in the UK during my USAF career. Met and maried a Cambs girl. She had a Gordie uncle, and brother-in-law, so I learned to decifer Geordie, but I'll be damned if I can learn to speak it!

Chuck
Micromark 7x14 Lathe, X2 Mill , old Green 4x6 bandsaw
The difficult takes me a while, the impossible takes a little longer.
Thanks given by:
Graemlin
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(09-26-2013, 05:01 PM)krv3000 Wrote: hi all did not start this job as a project so i did not tack a lot of pics when i got me lathe it needed a repaint and all i had was blue pic 1 well i decided to pant it back to its a original culer witch is a Orange yellow see pic 2 of wat me lathe shod look like any way the blue reacted with the yellow pant that i was gowning to pant it with not a big problem as i only tried a bit on the tale stock so i had a go with the gray that i panted me grinder with this to lifted the blue YikesYikes that's when the fun started i striped the lathe right back but left the head on then with sum pant thinners removed all the pant on the lathe SOS no pics of that bit i then got sum zinc filer primer and after masking off the bead and head stock repainted the base and the rest of the lathe this pant had to be left for 8 hawers before panting on the top i left it for a full day then hand panted it gray and did the tale post and the crosslide and compound slide in red i had just finish putting it back together when a Friend pop ed in can i turn a Peace of ally for him well pic speak for them selves right pics
nice colour scheme didn't like the yellow,looks like something my grandaughter would produce from her nappy!!!he he
Graham.
the artfull-codger, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2013.
Thanks given by: