One of my LEAST favorite jobs to do....
(10-05-2013, 04:14 AM)DaveH Wrote: Some people just don't seem very mechanically minded Slaphead
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Thanks guys. Dave, buggered screw slots and pins are all too common in the industry. It's one of the first things a person should look for when buying a used firearm. Definitely a red flag that says you better look real close at what you are about to purchase. Chin

I think there are a lot of people who are mechanically minded, but know just enough about something to be dangerous. Like me.... Big Grin

One has to make an effort to learn the finer points of an operation and pay attention to detail or face the consequences of doing it incorrectly. Some things are just cosmetic and life still goes on. Screw up in a critical area though and things could end up very badly.

I think my T.I. (Air Force) in basic training summed it up best. When asked why we had to fold our skivvies EXACTLY 6 inches wide before placing them in our foot lockers, and cleaning every speck of shave cream, water or rust from underneath the cap and nozzle on the can....

"You're going to school to be trained to work on jets, right?"
"Well -- do you think they are going to let you work on MULTI-MILLION dollar aircraft if you CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!???"

Suddenly all of the "nonsense" busy work made sense. Blush
Willie
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my LEAST favorite jobs to do.... - by Highpower - 10-05-2013, 09:50 AM