Using a Corner Rounding End Mill on the Lathe
This one's pretty basic, but since mentioning that you can use a corner rounding end mill on the lathe, I've had a number of requests for a video showing how.

Tom

[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Another good one Tom. Never would have thought of doing this and somehow missed your mention of it in the rounding over video.
Thanks
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nice one Tom - yes I'd never thought of that before but like so many of these things it's obvious when you do Smile

One comment: if the videos are going to be watched by raw beginners it's probably worth pointing out in several places that although the lathe appears to be rotating in reverse, it's only a camera effect !
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2013, 01:05 AM)f350ca Wrote: Another good one Tom. Never would have thought of doing this and somehow missed your mention of it in the rounding over video.
Thanks

Thanks Greg. I must have mentioned it because three people asked to see how it's done. I probably forget about half the things I say. Chin

Tom
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2013, 02:45 AM)awemawson Wrote: Nice one Tom - yes I'd never thought of that before but like so many of these things it's obvious when you do Smile

One comment: if the videos are going to be watched by raw beginners it's probably worth pointing out in several places that although the lathe appears to be rotating in reverse, it's only a camera effect !

Thanks. A lot of the things I do on a daily basis are second nature and I sort of take for granted. For instance, I never would have thought to do a video on this tip because it seems so obvious. Like you say though, it's only obvious when you see it and the next guy may not have thought about it. These tips are super easy to do because there is almost no editing. All I do is shoot the video, clip it to length and add titles and credits. It may be time for a camera boom like John (doubleboost) has because it sure is tough to work and shoot one handed.

I'm not surprised about the camera effect. 60Hz. (50 in your case) and fluorescent lights doesn't play well with video shutter speeds. I'll add a note to the video.

Tom
Thanks given by:
I've used a corner rounding EM to cut the radius on the intersection of a hole and the face of the female portion of a forming die.
Thanks given by: