Concrete Countertops
That is pretty neat though Mayhem
Have a 2hp totally enclosed sitting in inventory Tom,
I tried a 3/4 hp the last time, it stalled when you tried to make a cut.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
A little progress on the grinder, need to get a move on, weather isn't going to last.

Made a sleeve to house the spindle cartridge. The slot will allow height adjustment.

[Image: IMG_0852.jpg]

Motor mount in place,

[Image: IMG_0853.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Greg,

I'm sure power won't be an issue, but will you be able to get enough rpm with that set-up? Most body grinders are 7000-8000 rpm.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Seems to take a lot of power to spin that disk Tom. It was a sander/polisher i was using it on for hand work, it only spins 3800, the pulleys I had at hand will give me 4300. Will see how it goes, easy enough to change speed with a belt drive.
Greg
Thanks given by:
The wet grinders I've seen working on Terrazzo floors spin a lot slower than that - perhaps a few hundreds of rpm

Andrew
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
(11-05-2013, 04:08 AM)awemawson Wrote: The wet grinders I've seen working on Terrazzo floors spin a lot slower than that - perhaps a few hundreds of rpm

Andrew

From the little research I've done on them they use a much larger wheel and high down pressure. Think I would run into problems working around sink openings and corners with that method. The grinder i'm building will use a commonly available diamond wheel that operates best with high rpm and low pressure. I'll be controlling the height of the cutter by running the grinder on rails, sort of like a crude surface grinder.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Moved the saw frame into the blacksmith shop and blocked it level. Assembled the grinder frame, seems to run nice and free. Now to wire up the motor and get grinding in the cold, no warm weather in the forecast. Knew if I waited long enough I could make this job miserable.

[Image: IMG_0856.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looking good Greg
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
" Knew if I waited long enough I could make this job miserable." Why do we have such a penchant for doing that?
I'm watchin' this with interest!
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 02:02 PM)f350ca Wrote: Knew if I waited long enough I could make this job miserable.
Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: