Concrete Countertops
Nice job Greg. You'll be selling 'granite surface plates' from the back of your truck next Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I'd love a video of moving and installing the countertop Greg, but only a successful result.
I don't know what my wife would think, seeing me in tears in front of my laptop. Rotfl
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
Certainly I'd want a timber reinforcing that bit were I to move it !

Good luck, hope that it works out.

Andrew
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
I got the shiny camera out for this shot. One section polished out to 3000 grit. The real shine comes when its sealed and waxed.

[Image: IMG_0882.jpg]

I use a squeegee to remove cuttings as you work, at about 800 grit the squeegee starts to dry the surface, at 3000 its like wiping glass.

A closeup of the finish, the concrete isn't perfect but should be fine.

[Image: IMG_0877.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Well all I can say is quality job DroolDrool that looks really good and hard to believe its concrete, I am glad it worked out in the end Smile, I was getting worried at one point.
It looks fragile for moving so I dont suppose you will totally relax until everything is in its final resting place, looking forward to seeing the finished job.

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Wow, that looks really nice Thumbsup excellent reward for all the effort you put in Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Finished the last of the polishing today. Hopefully get them installed next week and get my shop back.

[Image: IMG_0894.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Very nice Greg. Glad it all worked out for you. Smiley-signs107

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Excellent Greg. Are you going into business making these commercially?

Andrew
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
In a simple word, NO. The odd one is alright but far too much work and time for what people will pay.
Greg
Thanks given by: