a compound slide refit
Nice work Bob. Good luck with the op.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Good luck with the op Bob, machining the edge of that plate with two jaws holding it isn't for the faint of heart.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Bob,
Looking good. Thumbsup
All the best with the op.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Graemlin

I hope the op goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.

Ed
Thanks given by:
hi thank you all for your suport and best wishes did nothing to day in the workshop catch up with you all mid week all bin well
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hang in and heal, bud.
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
hi as back right wile i was a way i got mell the other grand dad to mill the steps in for the nuts he did this and panted it to so all i had to do was fit the bottom slide and the index ring then put the top bit back on i then had to mack 4 t bolts to fix it the the top slide SOS no pics of threading the studs i got 4 m6 bolts cut the hex head off then threaded m6 dawn to leev a 15mm collar see pic then we use thees nuts at work their m6 by 10mm square nuts they have 4 raised corners they get spot welded on to brackets well i filed the raised bits off screwed them on to the studs with sum Bering fit then cut the over hanging thread off flush then i marced up the top have of the threads and cut them off to length all dun i tuck a pi of the difrence in the two slides right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi Bob , good to see you back in the shop mate , the compound looks spot on and the quick change tool post a nice addition too, it will be holder time next Smile

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
As always, Graemlin .

Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Again nice work Bob, and also nice pics.
sasquatch, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Jul 2012.
Thanks given by: