burner spin vane
(11-20-2013, 02:19 PM)oldgoaly Wrote: DA
Do you think Mayhem is going to have to make the air spin the other way? stuff does go down the toilet the other way!
Nice job on the spinner Thanks for sharing!

Goaly I guess it just depends on which way Mayhem spins, but I doubt that it will really matter.

DA
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Well here is my attempt. Once I get finished and in a position to test, I'll start a thread for it. It isn't finished yet. I still have to put a set screw in to hold it in place but I though I would do a quick mock up and get some pics.

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
if that's regular lead solder you may have a problem with it melting out, remember that the nozzle is going to be sitting virtually at the inside edge of your refractory.

Spin Vane looks excellent.

DA

Thanks given by:
Thanks Dave,

It is lead solder but I thought I had read/watched somewhere that said the airflow through the tube was enough to stop things melting (like the solder and the o-ring in the burner). This is why the burner tube is removed as soon as the air is cut.

I can silver solder it together.
Thanks given by:
I've never burned the o-ring out of mine, I guess its just me with a thing about lead solder I always use silver solder or brazing rod. you never know what might happen.

DA

Thanks given by:
Thanks Dave - I'll either SS or braze them in.
Thanks given by: