burner spin vane
here's a link to some photo's of the spin vane that I put in my burner tubes

http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Superd...pin%20vane
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by: Mayhem
Thanks Dave, that looks much easier.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
its actually pretty easy to make, I cut the slots with a hacksaw after drilling the holes then cut the cross with a fret saw/coping saw with a metal saw.

I don't know what size your planing on but the larger the pipe the easier the spin vane is to make actually as you have more room to work and you won't have to get so close to the center.

this one looks complicated but really isn't just take time to make and a milling machine to do. its six straight cuts at about 40 degrees across the round bad then the back side is turned off at something that resembles a radius. its the first one that I did.
[Image: IMG_3936.jpg]

feel free to ask if you need any more info,

DA

Thanks given by:
Hi Dave - in another post you showed a picture of the burner outside the tube but I can't seem to locate it now. In this picture, the propane line was soldered to the air line and I assume this is to keep it in place and not to have the propane feed into the air line. Am I correct?
Thanks given by:
I run the propane line seperate from the air, some people have the propane feed into the air line which requires you to run a much higher propane pressure to overcome the pressure in the air line.

it doesn't really require being brazed/welded to the other line other then thats the way I did it. I used steel brake lines which are pretty reasonable priced and its hard to find 12 inch long pipe nipples in hardware stores here in OK.

this is a different photo than the one your asking about, in this photo it shows the propane line not brazed down.
[Image: IMG_3927.jpg]

Thanks given by: Mayhem
this should help, its a screen capture of the way that I do the back end of the burner were the lines come out, you may decide to do it differently, no problem.

if you chose to go this route, for the propane line I braze a short piece of 1/4" steel line into a 1/8" pipe nipple, make it long enough that the gas will enter into the air stream. Me if I make another one I plan on the blower being straight in line with hookup out the side.

you can make this from a piece of metal about 1/2" thick, doesn't matter if its aluminum, steel or cast.

the photo should be self explanatory, the one thing not mentioned on the photo is that you need to drill thru the burner tube in a couple places with one of them giving access to the set screw so you can adjust the nozzle for maximum burn (tip of nozzle about 1/4" inside the tube) yours may vary but start there.

[Image: back-plate.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Thanks Dave - I was going to solder the lines in place.
Thanks given by:
makes for easier nozzle adjustment if you do similar to the photo, its your burner. glad I could help.

Thanks given by:
Hadn't thought about that. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
DA
Do you think Mayhem is going to have to make the air spin the other way? stuff does go down the toilet the other way!
Nice job on the spinner Thanks for sharing!
oldgoaly, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by: