Storebro 15 x 36 Lathe (I think)
(04-17-2020, 02:40 PM)RAFALW Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:22 PM)RAFALW Wrote: Ok

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Wygląda dobrze!
(Looks good!)
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(04-20-2020, 09:15 PM)Vinny Wrote: Wygląda dobrze!
(Looks good!)

Dzięki , sprawuje się dobrze , jeszcze trochę muszę ją dopracować (Thanks, I'm doing fine, I need to refine her a little bit more)
Bash
Thanks given by:
Hi Mike, that's a pretty lathe you got there. I got one too from 1944, it's not in the same good condition as yours but it does a decent job.
What I have heard is that they made this reinforced wooden cabinet instead of cast iron legs as there was a shortage of iron during the war. Maybe you already knew that?

I also found a manual for what I think is a late 50's model lathe. It shares the same threading gearbox (Norton box) so the feeds are equal to your lathe. It also has a formula to calculate the feeding depending on the gears installed. The manual is in Swedish but I can translate parts that you find interesting.

.pdf   Orn lathe model SK manual.pdf (Size: 824.93 KB / Downloads: 4)
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum WillBob!!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Nice lathe, WillBob. Thanks for the manual. I won't be able to read it, but it's good to add to the history of the lathe.

I tried to attach a couple of files that Storebro Bruk sent to me, but it didn't work.

If you want to make a quick change tool post for your lathe, check out this thread: http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthrea...light=QCTP

It takes a fairly hefty chunk of iron, but I find it very useful and solid. In post #29, I upgraded it to a cam-lock for the dovetail jaws. That made it very fast to change tool-holders.
Mike

If you can't get one, make one.

Hawkeye, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Vinny!

I would appreciate if you could send me those files, it's not easy to find info about these lathes. I'll send you my e-mail address in a PM, maybe that works better.

Yes I saw your qctp thread, really good work! I'll save that project to the future me, when I got more spare time  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yes, it was something of a major project. I don't remember how long it took, but I'm thinking several weeks. I was working full time, though, so shop time was on weekends and the odd evening.

Of all the projects I've done in the shop, I think this one gets more use than any other.
Mike

Thanks given by:
Witaj WillBob , jaki masz wybity numer tokarki na końcu łoża? Piszesz że twoja tokarka jest z lat 1940 , i mnie jest nr 2600 , mógłbym sobie porównać..... pozdrawiam
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2021, 08:55 AM)RAFALW Wrote: Witaj WillBob , jaki masz wybity numer tokarki na końcu łoża? Piszesz że twoja tokarka jest z lat 1940 , i mnie jest nr 2600 , mógłbym sobie porównać..... pozdrawiam

Hello WillBob, what's your lathe number stamped on the end of the bed? You write that your lathe is from 1940, and I am No. 2600, I could compare myself ..... Regards

Mine carries S.N. 2774, which Storebro Bruk told me was built in 1943.
Mike

Thanks given by: