Concrete Countertops
Very nice Greg. It looks like they were well worth the wait.

I was looking back at the cabinet build and you mentioned that the filler was originally going to be red glass instead of marble chips. What happened to the glass?

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
The red glass turned out to be hard to source and expensive, then a friend who does glass work brought up a point, the original plan was black concrete, the transparent red glass would look black with the cement shining through.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looks VERY nice, though a huge amount of hard work

Andrew
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
They look great! Nice kitchen too. In that second picture there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room between the bottom of the cupboards and the counter top. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Beautiful work Greg! We are planning a remodel of our kitchen but alas (sigh), there's no way it'll look that nice (I don't think I'll show my wife the pics ).
Ed, I think that's just a bar sink and counter, we have one too but maybe it'll go in the remodel?
Busy Bee 12-36 lathe, Busy Bee Mill drill, Busy Bee 4x6 bandsaw, Homemade 9x17 bandsaw, Ad infinitum.
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2013, 07:31 AM)stevec Wrote: ...
Ed, I think that's just a bar sink and counter, ...

Steve,

That's kind of what I suspect also.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys glad its done but looks like we're jumping in again, have another set of cherry cabinets to do this winter. These people are about 2-3 hours away, going to be a pain if I need a measurement or forget something on the instal.
Your right Ed, they are low, that was a closet and pantry before, they wanted to keep the storage so I made the counter 32 inches wide, the facet is under the low cupboards but the sink is open. The upper cabinets are ladder accessible for long term storage. The house is built on slab with no basement for storage.

[Image: IMG_9828.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Steve, here's a couple of before shots to show Elaine.

[Image: IMG_0419.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0422.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Super, Greg. First class ThumbsupSmiley-signs107Worthy
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
What a transformation! I love the new cabinets. Very nice wood grain.

Ed
Thanks given by: