Wife's Christmas gift
Later on you might want to find one of those rotating battery-operated disks. I think that would add so much beauty if it were slowly spinning so the viewer could see both the cross shape and the fish shape as it spins.
Thanks given by:
Well done Ron.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
The wife seems to be happy with her gift.

[Image: crossfish12.JPG]

I ended up polishing it using an old 14" workbench Craftsman drill press I have in the basement. I used the Scotchbrite pad with an arbor on it and just chucked it up in the drill press. The polishing really causes all the machining marks, flaws, file marks, etc. to stand out (in my opinion) but it did give it a warmer more "antique" kind of feel to it.

The "proof in the pudding" as to how much my wife likes it will been her reaction when I tell her I'm buying more machining supplies/equipment. If I don't get the "eye roll" or the "look" I'll know that it was a "score!". Big Grin

Thanks guys,

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
Nice work Ron - it looks great.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a success story to me Ron. Thumbsup

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Now here's the problem...

Hmmmm, I already have the "plan" worked out. I know a few tricks that would make it a bit easier if I were to do more of them. I like the idea of a little rotating stand and I wonder what it would look like if I drilled (there's that boring bar Big Grin) a hole in the center of the base and place a counter-sunk LED in there....

NO! Must not think this way. Slaphead No way do I want to do another one. BlushBig Grin It's a sickness!

Thanks for all the good words guys,

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by: