unimat sl lathe
hi all well you will have to hit me with a big stick as i got a bit carried a way before i relised i had not taken any pics Bash any way i have bin given a unimat sl lathe that needs my loving touch the lathe in its self is OK just needs a spring clean and a re pant as the old pant is just flaking off i will post sum pics tomorrow of it all in bits and a big thank you to peter for the lathe
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Hi Bob , looking forward to seeing the new lathe and it getting brought back to tip top condition Drool

Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2014, 06:13 PM)krv3000 Wrote: hi all well you will have to hit me with a big stick as i got a bit carried a way before i relised i had not taken any pics Bash any way i have bin given a unimat sl lathe that needs my loving touch the lathe in its self is OK just needs a spring clean and a re pant as the old pant is just flaking off i will post sum pics tomorrow of it all in bits and a big thank you to peter for the lathe
I have got a few big "sticks" up the garden YikesYikesYikesYikesJawdropJawdropJawdrop
Thanks given by:
Hi Bob, considered yourself "hit with a big stick" Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Lets see some pics when your'e ready!
Arbalest, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
hi as promised sum pics the work dun so far remove most of the old pant klen up of the chuck striped the tale stock striped out the head started to mack a adapter for a chuck to go on to the tale stock got sum stainless bar chucked it up in the lathe and drilled it 11m by 35 deep then taped it m12x1 witch i borrowed from work then cut it off by 15mm then screwed it on to the tale stock sleeve then turned the OD to 16mm then bored out the end to 12mm that is as far as i have got tonight will post sum more tomorrow right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hi Bob , its looks in good overall condition from the photos so should be a nice small lathe once you are finished Drool, I look forward to seeing the project progress.
Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
hi as promised but late i finished off the tale stock adapter for the chuck pics

Thanks given by:
hi all well its all panted gnaw and i have a rotating head witch was given to me by mick thank you so much witch the jaws fit the chuck on the lathe so i don't need to look for a replacement chuck pad a visit to peters and he had a rummage and came up with a motor for it not a original motor but one that will do the job nicely so today i have spent striping the motor re-panting it and re wiring it it needs two new Bering's but their are plenty of them on the net right pics

Thanks given by:
Graemlin I love the color you chose.

Ed
Thanks given by: