unimat sl lathe
Graemlin Its starting to really take shap Bob, Glad to see you got motor, just the bed bars and your well on the way to having it up and running Big Grin

Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Going to be a very nice machine once you are finished with it
I had one of these 40 years ago
John
Thanks given by:
Looking smart Thumbsup
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
hi all SOS for the long delay in post on the lathe had a problem with the motor i got a replacement motor for£5 at the boot sale the next job was to mack a new motor mount bracket as the original one had bin welded up badly i marked out a plate sum time a go but without a mill it wood of bin hard for me to get it dun but then John IE doubleboost offed me the use of his mill to do the bracket SOS no pics of me milling it just ones of the finished bracket right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Better job altogether Bob , it looks nice with the rounded corners and counter sinks etc too. The little lathe will be as new once you have finished with it Smiley-dancenana

Cheers Mick
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
hi all as on the last leg of restoring the sl lathe. john ie doubleboost drilled and tap the new bed bares thank you so mutch john Thumbsup so i have fitted them the next thing was to mack a new hand wheel as one of them was missing got a lump of aluminum turned it dawn just under the OD of the original one then put a knurl on it then turned it dawn to the size of where the indexing macks shod be then drilled it and tap it for m5 then mad up two handles out of stainless steel then tried to fit the Handel for sum on reason their seemed to be not enuf thread sticking out of the Handel to fit the nut on to had it back to bits and fawned that the end of the feed screw thread had bin cut off so i had to mack the recess deeper in the Handel so the nut can go on right pics on a different note i have this lathe to sort out to its a Atlas 10 need a pdf on one if any one has one

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: