a skeleton clock refit
hi all well this kept me biz at the week end its a skeleton clock one of them cheep and nasty ones it had stopped working as the movement got gummed up with old oil and nigaten not a strait forward job to dismantle as the movement is held on to the dile backing plat witch is plastic and the dile is plastic to after sum cerfull levering i manged to remove the dile to get at the two screws to get the movement out gave it all a good scrub up put it back together this time using double sided tape to hold the dile back in place hung it up on the workshop wall and its ruining nice right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Nice job Bob, Thumbsup Smiley-signs107
Those things can be a bit tricky.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Hi Bob Graemlin , I have just had a little chuckle at the photo where you have all the parts laid out on the bench if I was doing this project the next photo would be it all in the bin Rotfl I never seem to have any luck with such delicate type things...............
Another good job done Bob, you are the man for the tricky fixes Big Grin

Cheers Mick.
Micktoon, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
Thanks given by:
Must have missed this post
Very well done mate
A bit on the small size for me Yikes
John
Thanks given by:
With no disrespect meant Sir, you may have obtained the same result by placing the assembled item in a small ultrasonic tank with a suitable oil solvent and run it for a few minutes. The only thing to watch out for the solvent dissolving any plastic parts. Such tanks can be purchased for £15 -30 U/K pounds or possibly less in the USA. They are generally sold for cleaning jewellery.
Harry
Rifleman01, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jun 2013.
Thanks given by:
Nice job , simple clocks like that run forever with a little care and attention
it will be a nice work shop companion,
brian.
Brian, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun since Sep 2012.
http://briansworkshop.weebly.com Welcome
Thanks given by:
thanks all yep i have bin looking at them ultrasonic tanks they seem to be a hand thing to have
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by: